Thursday, August 9, 2018

An Ode to my Man

An ode to my "Man"



Dear ....

Help me sail through this life and help me get a direction, because it's the journey which we will enjoy together and not the destination which only fascinates us. There will be crests and troughs.... Our ship may roll and there will be those storms which maywrek us apart and risk everything. But end of the day, I know my "Captain" will help me sail through this with life jacket and anchor me with his unconditional love and support. I don't know what you are for me. I don't have a name yet to us ... But this is pure and divine. 



This one is for you... :-)



You came into my life at just the right moment. I don’t know how you did it, but you somehow managed to be truly amazing to me . My life wasn’t the best when you first met me. I felt very lost and very alone. Yes, I had my best friend, but they were someone who I constantly feared of upsetting and couldn’t be my full self around. Yes, I had other people in my life, other support systems, and people to talk to. I still did a lot of the same things I do now. Even with all of that stuff, I still felt really empty. I didn’t feel like I had someone who understood me or saw my perspective of life. I felt like I was always looking for someone who would love me for who I truly am, and for a deep connection that I hoped would exist. After a long time of trying and settling, I just stopped looking. I figured that the type of connection I longed for was something non-existent, and that the bonds I had with people were all I was going to get.




From the first moment I talked to you, I truly felt something. I’m not just saying that to make this sound like some sort of fairy tale, but I did feel something. You were the only one who was listening to what I was saying, the only one who could catch my socially awkward phrases and cues, and the only one who got my sense of humor. The first conversation we ever had will always be one of my favorites, and I remember it like it happened yesterday. I remember how we spoke for hours, and how even though it was super late, you didn’t want to stop talking to you. I was genuinely happy. I was excited that I was able to speak to someone new so carefree, and that the conversation was so open and flowed well.
Ever since that day, we have never stopped talking. Over the years, we have talked every single day, and I can’t imagine my life without you. I love how open we are, even if the subject is  embarrassing, or a bit sassy. I love how you ramble on and on about stories, the fact that you repeat things all the time, when you randomly stop talking about one thing and begin a new thought, and your constant use of our inside jokes. Some of those things may be traits other people may not be interested in, but I love them because it’s you. I love how you are yourself around me and that you feel comfortable around me.  I am someone you can share all of your interesting stories with, trust with personal information, and  joke around with.
You always know just what to say to me, even when I’m being irrational. You always support me in the way I need. No one else has ever been able to help me and support me the way you have. Even when you may sometimes not be sure of what to do, you always ask me.Apart from our conversations, which mean more to me than anything, I love how thoughtful you are. You go out of your way to do cute little things for me, even if you may be really busy or tired.
Every day, you shock me and make me feel so very blessed because I can’t believe someone as amazing, loving, caring, selfless, thoughtful, and considerate as you is such a big part of my life. Love is accepting someone’s quirks and interesting habits and loving them for having those things. You embrace all of my flaws. I love all of your quirks, like the way you fidget because you can’t sit still, the way you sit with one leg crossed over your lap, and the way you never get holding my hand down correctly but it always felt warm and like my home. Even if, for some reason, we don’t work out, I want to look back on this letter and remind myself of how much I do love and appreciate you as a person. This is the first time in my whole life I have ever been able to confidently say I’ve loved the person I’m with. I wasn’t forced into this, I didn’t force you onto me, and I didn’t go forcing something that wouldn’t happen. I will always love the person you are. You are hardworking, determined, and you always go after what you want. I will always admire you and the time I’ve spent with you. You’ve taught me so much that I will always take into heart. I will always treasure the time we’ve spent together, our chats, and the things you’ve done for me. You will always have a very very special place in my heart.
Love me for a reason and let that reason be "love"  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment